Inlays & Onlays: Helping You Smile With Confidence!
Call Us About Inlay & Onlay Options Today
- Because they’re the same color as natural teeth, they’re undetectable
- They strengthen remaining tooth structure and help prevent further damage
- Rivals the strength and beauty of your natural tooth
- Will last upwards of 15 years with proper care
- They’ll help you smile with confidence again!
Dentists have been innovating their approaches to dental problems for decades, and though esthetics were a consideration, they weren’t always their biggest focus. Now, thanks to incredible advancements and materials available, beautiful esthetics are a reality! Not only can you change appearance of your teeth, you can alter how they function and feel!
As one of the main facial focal points, the mouth plays a significant role in your self-perception as well as the way others perceive you.
- Smiles are a universal way to communicate myriad emotions.
- Smiles cross cultures and mean the same thing no matter the language.
- Research says that the average adult smiles approximately 20 times a day The average child, however, smiles upwards of 400 times each day.
- Smiling causes the body to release endorphins – yes, even fake smiles!
- Smiling reduces stress and lowers blood pressure.
- There are 19 different shapes and sizes that fit into two categories: social and felt smiles
If you have a silver amalgam filling and are self-conscious about it, have you ever noticed that you choose not to laugh with abandon because you don’t want it to be seen? It’s becoming increasingly common that, because of advances in dental technology, silver fillings are becoming a thing of the past.
So how can you brighten your smile? Along with replacing amalgam fillings with composite (white) fillings when the silver options are old, worn, or compromised, other options to consider are “inlays” and “onlays.” Each is made of tooth-colored material and are almost invisible to the eye.
Inlays & Onlays – Tooth restorations for premolars (the two teeth located behind your eye teeth) and molars, these options help teeth damaged by decay.
Each option is one solid fabricated piece that’s made to the exact shape size and shape of the cavity left once your dentists has removed tooth decay. They’re an ideal solution for a tooth that has a large amount of damage and can’t support a filling but doesn’t yet require a porcelain crown.
Both of these options are customized to your tooth. After an impression of your prepared tooth is taken, it’s sent to a lab where skilled technologists craft your restoration. While you wait, a temporary filling is placed in your tooth until your inlay or onlay is complete and can be permanently placed.
As your dentist in Baltimore, we’re here to help you with every smile concern you have. Call us at (410) 469-7407 today and we’ll be happy to discuss these options with you!
A dazzling smile can ignite a room. It projects strength, confidence, and beauty. For decades dentists have worked on ways to treat dental problems. But now we can provide beautiful esthetics as well as change the way your teeth look and the way you feel!